Our mission is to provide a place that honors the memory of African Americans in Fayetteville, NC while fostering preservation of African American history and culture, and the exploration of ethical values and practices in the physical and virtual spaces of Melchor-Quick Meeting House.
Melchor-Quick Meeting House (MQMH) is a place for spiritual, cultural, civic, and educational enrichment. Melchor-Quick Meeting House serves the Fayetteville community in the following ways:
- home of the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Fayetteville
- meeting place of the North Carolina Black Leadership Caucus
- a setting for educational programs, workshops, and training
- a location for academic community service learning for college students
- a venue for weddings and memorial services, as well as small gatherings of family and friends following such events
- a shared office and meeting space for service providers and small nonprofit organizations, including the African American Education & Research Organization (AAERO)
We partner with AAERO to provide internship opportunities for college students and Memorial Awards for people who contribute to the MQMH mission, directly or indirectly.